Belvika is currently seeking an Night Shift Supervisor for its Thornmount facility, located in Scarborough. The Supervisor will be responsible for meeting the production targets, supervision of the staff and supporting the continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations. The individual must be flexible to work day, afternoon and night shifts.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor production levels and ensure that productivity targets are met within time allotted;
- Ensure smooth shift start-up by planning staff lines accordingly based upon planned schedule;
- Complete production declaring/ postings in Client ERP systems when required;
- Assign tasks/responsibilities to staff on production lines, ensure the correct number of staff and positions are covered;
- Manage and oversee the production floor staff and activity during the entire shift of the operation and ensure staff movement efficiently during line change-overs;
- Develop and conduct employee training on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that are required for production improvements;
- Ensure quality standards are being met by communicating process changes and resolving quality concerns;
- Coordinate with Inventory Coordinator(s) and Line Leader(s) to ensure production reconciliation processes are being followed and product and packaging numbers are accurate;
- Resolve production concerns and recommend measures to improve productivity;
- Ensure accuracy in Dayforce by monitoring employees in/out punches;
- Coordinate and communicate with the Production or Operations Site Manager, fellow Shift Supervisors and other departments to ensure the flow of production is maintained and fulfillment is 100%;
- Comply with Company strategies and policies when handling paperwork and inventory;
- Prepare shift end reports on performance/progress and email to required team members;
- Promote a healthy & safe working environment by ensuring safety standards are met;
- Foster a positive and engaged atmosphere;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Work experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required; College or University degree an asset;
- 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing and/ or co-packing environment (preferably food and/or packaging);
Key technical & behavioural competencies:
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills with ability to motivate staff;
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the Company;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to governing rules and regulations as they relate to Health & Safety and food safety;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently;
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft products such as Word and Excel.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.