Belvika is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to assist managing a facility in Scarborough, Ontario. This role will report to the Operations Site Manager and will be responsible for approximately 100+ employees. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong mix of leadership experience in food co-packaging or manufacturing environment, an ability to work with various systems and processes, and a desire to take on new challenges in a fast paced and exciting customer focused environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor production levels and ensure that productivity targets are met within time allotted;
- Execution of KPI’s and OEE targets;
- CI experience and six sigma training;
- Ensure smooth shift start-up by planning staff lines accordingly based upon planned schedule;
- Complete production declaring/ postings in Client ERP systems when required;
- Assign tasks/responsibilities to staff on production lines, ensure the correct number of staff and positions are covered;
- Manage and oversee the production floor staff and activity during the entire shift of the operation and ensure staff movement efficiently during line change-overs;
- Develop and conduct employee training on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that are required for production improvements;
- Ensure quality standards are being met by communicating process changes and resolving quality concerns;
- Coordinate with Inventory Coordinator(s) and Line Leader(s) to ensure production reconciliation processes are being followed and product and packaging numbers are accurate;
Resolve production concerns and recommend measures to improve productivity;
- Ensure accuracy in Dayforce by monitoring employees in/out punches;
- Coordinate and communicate with the Production or Operations Site Manager, fellow Shift Supervisors and other departments to ensure the flow of production is maintained and fulfillment is 100%;
- Comply with Company strategies and policies when handling paperwork and inventory;
- Prepare shift end reports on performance/progress and email to required team members;
- Promote a healthy & safe working environment by ensuring safety standards are met;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a co-packaging or manufacturing facility in a leadership role, preferably in a CPG food environment;
- Previous management experience;
- College equivalent or higher;
- Knowledge of production, distribution, inventory and supply chain practices;
- Knowledge of applicable labor laws;
- Experience is leading Health and Safety programs.
Key technical & behavioural competencies:
- Previous experience with SAP or other ERP software systems, including Nulogy, considered an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel;
- Strong strategic and critical thinking abilities;
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills;
- Reevaluating existing priorities and readjust priorities based on business demands;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to lead a dynamic team and increase overall performance.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.