Belvika Trade and Packaging is committed, and strive to find ways in which we can reduce the impact to the environment.
It is our policy to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements
- To offer biodegradable products such as shrink sleeves, shrink film and pallet wrap.
- To use recycled corrugate for all POP and regular RSC and HSC production and use corrugate recycling programs to dispose of all corrugate.
- We reduce our carbon footprint by stopping all idling trucks in our shipping and receiving area and consolidate shipments to one location as often as we can.
- Recycle all waste material possible
- Reduce the amount of waste material produced in production.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending documents as PDF files vs courier
- Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, we give away items such as computers and printers that we no longer use via the Government of Canada Electronic Waste Recycling Program.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and using schedules to ensure computers are shut down after work
- Always to make use of recycling programs
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, laser paper, corrugates components where allowed by the client.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example, wash up liquid and hand soap
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email
- We aim to regularly review our Environmental Policy and seek to reduce our impact each and every year.